Today was my last official 1662 Book of Common Prayer communion service as curate. Aside from the prayer of humble access, this is the prayer I really love from the service. It's said after receiving communion and saying the Lord's prayer:
ALMIGHTY and everliving God, we most heartily thank thee, for that thou dost vouchsafe to feed us, who have duly received these holy mysteries, with the spiritual food of the most precious Body and Blood of thy Son our Saviour Jesus Christ; and dost assure us thereby of thy favour and goodness towards us; and that we are very members incorporate in the mystical body of thy Son, which is the blessed company of all faithful people; and are also heirs through hope of thy everlasting kingdom, by the merits of the most precious death and passion of thy dear Son. And we most humbly beseech thee , O heavenly Father, so to assist us with thy grace, that we may continue in that holy fellowship, and do all such good works as thou hast prepared for us to walk in; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with thee and the Holy Ghost, be all honour and glory, world without end. Amen
What is communion according to this prayer?
1) The Father feeding us with Christ,
2) Assuring us of His favour and goodness towards us, namely...
3) That we are members of Christ, and...
4) We are heirs of the kingdom
5) All through the death of Christ
1) Please Father, helps us to continue in communion with Christ
3) And that we walk in the good works you've prepared for us.